Director of Enrolments and Marketing
From 12 July 2021 or ASAP
For 125 years, NEGS Armidale has woven a rich tapestry of educational opportunities in a traditional, rural, Christian environment, enjoying an exceptional reputation in academic scholarship; extensive co-curricular offerings; comprehensive music, arts and dance programs; caring and nurturing Boarding opportunities; excellent student Wellbeing programs; and outstanding facilities including a world-class Equestrian Centre and Regional Sporting Complex. The School is co-educational Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6, girls-only Years 7 to 12, and girls Boarding Years 5 to 12.
Armidale is one of Australia’s most elegant regional cities and is the educational and cultural centre of New England.
At NEGS, we seek employees who will continue to support our School in being the best regional Day and Boarding School in Australia.
PURPOSE AND OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
The role of Director of Enrolments and Marketing at New England Girls School (NEGS) represents an exciting opportunity to showcase the School and positively contribute to its ongoing growth and success. You are responsible for the development and successful implementation of a strategic marketing and enrolments plan and for oversight of the enrolments, marketing, communications and events functions.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the School’s recruitment targets are met, and facilitating the enrolment process from enquiry, completed enrolment, to final withdrawal/exit from the School.
Communication with key stakeholders must be proactively managed. You will be responsible for ensuring that the School communicates in a consistent, professional and prompt fashion, including but not limited to, oversight of printed and electronic communications, the website and social media.
Critical to this role is the development, promotion and protection of the School’s brand, its image and reputation amongst families, past and present, and the wider community.
Events and functions at NEGS are an important part of our School culture. They provide an opportunity for the NEGS’ community to celebrate its success and to showcase its achievements. Those events, associated with pupil recruitment and public relations, will be overseen by this position. These events include but are not limited to Open Days, Speech Days, social events, Boarding Expos, Country Tours and other special occasions.
This is a Full-Time, Permanent position, commencing 12 July or ASAP.
- Competitive salary package – depending on skills and experience.
- Established and friendly team.
- Travel opportunities.
- Opportunity for your initiative and creativity to be recognised.
The following essential selection criteria must be addressed:
- Hold or ability to obtain a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) number.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Highly effective administrative and project management skills.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business data and develop a business plan targeted at business development, brand management, positioning, community relations and enrolments.
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management, and a working knowledge of Google Analytics and other measures of marketing success.
- Ability to utilise digital media and publications to achieve strategic goals.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications, internet, online content management systems and other software relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor a sales and marketing team.
- In depth knowledge of best-practice and next-practice in marketing.
- Outstanding people skills. Ability to listen, build rapport and communicate persuasively with people of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional, warm and ongoing relationships with families prospective, present and past.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of independent schools’ marketing and admissions functions and/or a desire to learn.
- Willing to attend School events as an active member in the School community.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Experience in fund raising or an ability to acquire the knowledge and skills to be a successful fundraiser.
- Ability to think and act strategically with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal business hours when required.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter and Selection Criteria. Please address your cover letter and selection criteria to the Business Manager, Mr Shaun Cassidy, stating why you are applying for the position, outlining your knowledge of and suitability for the role, and providing your contact details.
- Curriculum Vitae. Outline your personal details, qualifications, experience, training and relevant work history, education and professional memberships. Relevant work history should commence with the most recent position you have held with the start/finish dates of employment and a brief summary of the key achievements and responsibilities for each of the positions held
- Work-related referees. Please add the names and contact details of three (3) referees. It is preferable that one referee should be your current supervisor. You may include one personal referee as well
- Submission of Application. When submitting your application, please combine your cover letter and resume into one document to upload.
Please apply via SEEK by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button and attaching a current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.