1. Specialist Coaching
Qualiﬁed coaches will assist athletes to develop their technical and tactical competence. Athletes will be provided with:
- 2 team training sessions per week; and
- 1 small group session per week with the specialist coaches. Students in Years 9 and 10 will complete the small group sessions during the school day using a subject line speciﬁcally for athletes within the program. Students in Years 7 and 8 will complete the small group sessions after school and Years 11 and 12 students will complete the sessions before or after school.
2. Athletic Development
A qualiﬁed strength and conditioning coach will assist athletes to improve speed, strength, power, agility, balance, ﬂexibility and reduce the likelihood of injury. Athletes will be provided with:
- Comprehensive ﬁtness testing;
- 1 – 2 strength and conditioning sessions per week with options to increase;
- Individualised training programs. Based on the aforementioned ﬁtness testing each student will receive personalised training in order to maximise their athletic performance.
Students in Years 9 and 10 will complete the strength and conditioning sessions during the school day using a subject line speciﬁcally for athletes within the program. Students in Years 7 and 8 will complete the strength and conditioning sessions after school and Years 11 and 12 students will complete the sessions before or after school.
3. Holistic growth
Qualiﬁed professionals will assist athletes to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills related to recovery techniques, injury prevention and management, nutrition, sports psychology, anti-doping, media and public relations, etiquette and time management. Athletes will be provided with:
- 1 education session per month.
4. Individual Athlete Plans
Athletes will receive an individualised plan each semester which identiﬁes athlete strengths and areas for improvement. The plan focuses on the following key elements: technical preparation, tactical preparation, physical preparation and mental preparation. Athletes will be provided with:
- 1 individual Athlete Plan per semester.
5. High-performance excursions
Athletes will be provided with:
- High-performance camp – Athletes will attend 1 high-performance camp each year where they will have the opportunity to learn from coaches and athletes performing at the highest level.
- 2020 Olympics Tokyo excursion – The NEGS Talented Athlete Programs along with NEGS Equestrian High-Performance Squad will attend the Tokyo Olympics in July 2020. The athletes will have the opportunity to watch and learn from elite athletes performing at the highest level, train and play against Japanese teams and experience the culture of Japan.
- Representative pathway – Athletes will be provided with support to progress along the NSW representative pathway for their sport. Athletes will be provided with:
– Information and assistance to register for relevant
NSW trials; and
– Transport to and from the NSW IGSSA trials. Specialist coaching, athletic development, holistic growth sessions and Individual Player Plans are free to athletes in the NEGS Talented Athlete Program. High-performance excursions will incur an additional charge.
Scholarships and bursaries are available.